Some of you may have heard or seen in the media & others may not have, so I’m just going to give a very brief outline of this new Regulation which comes into effect on 25th May 2018 & affects all EU member states.
Although we are going through the process of leaving the EU, we will still be a member state when this Regulation comes in to force. Once we leave the EU we will still need to abide by it.
Please note that this will not be a guideline where companies choose whether or not they adopt the Regulation, it will be LAW.
What does it mean for Silver Sensations Jewellery Customers?
1) Well, it means that unless you’ve physically signed up to a newsletter, companies will no longer be able to send you these type of emails. Of course this could be good news for you as it will mean that you should no longer receive emails you don’t want to read.
For me, this means that I’m only allowed to send newsletters to Customers who have actually signed up to receive them. If you’d like to sign up to be notified personally of special offers and/or new products then you can do so on my Home Page where you’ll see a banner just underneath the ‘Featured Products’ area. Naturally you can withdraw this consent at anytime & you’ll receive no further newsletters from me.
This is an area, where I have actually neglected to send out newsletters over the last couple of years mainly due to a lot of serious family illnesses.
Now I intend to send out a newsletter each time I have a promotion and/or a range of new products. In any event, I won’t send them out more regularly than one every month or two as I appreciate how annoying they can become if they’re sent too often.
2) The second thing I just want to briefly touch on is that, as I always have, companies must ensure that your information is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- Collected only for specific legitimate purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
- Must be accurate and kept up to date.
- Stored only as long as is necessary.
- Ensure appropriate security, integrity and confidentiality.
For you this means that I will continue to only use your name & address to send your order to you & a couple of emails to let you know the status of your order. I NEVER HAVE & NEVER WILL PASS ON OR SELL YOUR INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE, UNLESS REQUIRED TO DO SO BY A LEGAL AUTHORITY. To me, your information is STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL & that’s how it should be.
I think it’s worth a little reminder here, that I have absolutely no knowledge or access of/to your bank account or bank card information etc. The only information I receive is that you have made a payment for your order & its source, eg Paypal or Klarna.
I know this may be quite a lot to take in but actually, the only change for my Customers & me here, is the one regarding newsletters as mentioned in 1) above.
Thank you for taking the time to read this & I just wanted to let you know how seriously I’m taking this new Regulation.
Have a great weekend